Course: Curriculum Development (8603) Semester: Spring, 2022 Level: B.Ed (1.5 Year/ 2.5 Year)
ASSIGNMENT No. 2
- 1 Evaluate the Natinal educational policies in Pakistan with refference to progressive linkages of education with economic development.
According to the policy of education which being implemented in the state includes the free primary education to the children of the state, as per the clause under this policy the government is liable and the government is bound to offer the free education to the children of the state both on federal and provincial level of the country.
Good and Quality education considered as one of the basic necessities of life and are also considered as the major fundamental right of the people of the state. For that purpose Government of Pakistan has also derived and constituted several policies about the education sector of the country, which is liable to give quality education to all the people of Pakistan. Although people look quite disappointed and unsatisfied from these policies which have shown the non-serious attitude of the Government on this very crucial need and choose which lays the foundation for the greatest success of any nation.
The education policy of the country includes the ministry of education on the provincial and federal level both. Each of the provinces has its own ministry of education which is liable to deal the educational issues and decisions within the province. Each province allocated specific educational budget among which they have to manage their expenditure. All the provincial educational ministries are answerable to the federal ministry of education.
Q.2 Prepare guidelines for teacher’s guide for curriculum.
While adhering to the continuously updated public health advice and always with caution, the Directorate for Learning and Assessment Programmes is recommending that the same syllabus mitigation measures from last year remain in force for the Early Years and the Primary Years for scholastic year 2021-2022. Guidelines for these years, together with others for the Middle and Secondary Years, are available at the above links.
The full syllabus needs to be followed for Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9.
Promoting positive experiences of learning and assessment in class is strongly encouraged. It can develop since the very beginning of the scholastic year and start with teachers finding the time while in class and while interacting with their learners to ensure that individual learning gaps are addressed. This can be done by validating the levels of attainment and achievement from last year’s records of continuous assessment and end of year exams as a starting point of reference.
In collaboration with schools, Directorate for Learning and Assessment Programmes shall remain committed towards:
- Helping students achieve excellent outcomes from learning time at school.
- Offering flexible and adaptive teaching in line with all health protocols in place to ensure that learners in class continue to benefit from group work, pair work and co-operative learning if this is physically possible.
- Personalised learning opportunities that are increased across all levels as needed.
- The general provision of an inclusive and accessible learning and assessment environment in class.
- Q.3 Explain various steps in the curriculum evaluatin process in Pakistan.
The following points are often important in the minds of the people regarding the educational objectives and studies which we have personally studied and re-arranged it keeping in view the educational objectives especially the need of a Masters or Graduate student. Be helpful the key points are as follows.
- Methods of curriculum evaluation
- 4 types of curriculum evaluation
- Process of curriculum evaluation
- Curriculum evaluation Wikipedia
- Steps of curriculum evaluation process
Curriculum is often misinterpreted as student evaluation refers to the collection of information’s on which judgments might be e about the worth and effectiveness of a particular program.it includes of course actually making those judgments so that decisions might be about the future of program me as it stands whether to retain modified it through or through it out altogether.
Students evaluation refers to the collection of information on which judgment are usually made about the progresses of practical students in the programs. It might draw on a number of assessments of a range of student’s capabilities.
Evaluation is necessary for decision making at all stages in curriculum planning and development. The emphasis on evaluation guidelines tends to vary department on which decide evaluation intended to serve.
Guba and stuff (1970) identify four types of decisions which are involved in curriculum evaluation. Certain features of their work are useful as an organizing framework for examining curriculum evaluation .these types include the discussion about;
- A) Planning intentions e.g. which objectives to select.
- b) Planning procedure e.g. which personal, methods, and materials to attempts.
- c) Implementing procedures e.g. whether to continue, modify or abandon a procedural plan.
- D) Outcomes e.g. which intentions are realized, to what extent and by whom.
urse Code 8603-2solved Assignments Spring 2022