Q.1 Write a brief but comprehensive note on the role and responsibilities of Executive District Officers with special reference to development of education in Pakistan.
An govt District Officer (EDO) shall:
- help the D.C in components of coverage and bring instances which are required to be submitted to the D.C underneath the policies;
- Duly execute the sanctioned coverage;
- Be the authentic head of the institution of district offices and be responsible for its efficient administration and area, and for the right conduct of commercial enterprise assigned to the group of places of work;
- put up all proposals for taxation and the bye-laws to the Zila Council through D.C
- Be responsible to the D.C for the right behavior of the enterprise of the group of distsrict places of work, and preserve him knowledgeable approximately the operating of the District places of work;
- wherein the D.C’s orders appear to involve a departure from policies, rules or authorities coverage, resubmit the case to the D.C inviting his interest to the relevant policies, regulation or government policy and if the D.C nonetheless disagrees with the E.D.O., the E.D.O., through D.C shall refer the case to the Provincial local government fee for choice.
- challenge to any wellknown or special order of presidency on this behalf, problem status orders specifying the cases or other training of instances which can be disposed of by an officer subordinate to the EDO; and
- Be responsible for the careful observance of these guidelines in his institution of District workplaces.
Executive District Officer (EDO) is the pinnacle of this department, who has been assigned following obligations within the neighborhood authorities Ordinance 2001:
- primary, Secondary and college education except professional education
- training o handicapped youngsters, in particular deaf, dumb, blind and with low imaginative and prescient
- manufacturing and distribution of tutorial and clinical movies
- advertising of sports activities and co-curricular sports
- provider topics except the ones entrusted to the services and preferred administration department connected
- departments and the executive departments
- establishment of latest faculties and up-gradation of present faculties
- identification and method of development schemes
- formula of District training finances (development and non-improvement) reconciliation of expenditure and audit matters
- Technical and wonder inspections of educational institutes
- topics associated to highschool councils
- Periodic and normal reporting to the heads of attached department and the administrative branch
While filing a case for the orders of the D.C it shall be the responsibility of the E.D.O. To indicate a specific line of movement. Plenty of the powers and functions of Provincial and Divisional Governments have been shifted and devolved to the newly fashioned district and city district governments. Out of overall 36 districts of Punjab Province, only 5 metropolis had been given the fame of metropolis districts i.E Lahore (CDGL) , Faisalabad (CDGF) , Rawalpindi (CDGR), Gujranwala (CDGG) and Multan (CDGM) having city district governments. First of all, the prevailing Commissioners have been posted as DCO within the city districts. In Sindh province, five districts of Karachi division have been abolished and a unmarried town district authorities Karachi (CDGK) become shaped. Divisional Commissioner Karachi was appointed as first DCO Karachi. In Baluchistan and KPK province, Quetta and Peshawar districts had been certain as town districts. Each district was empowered to make own rules and developmental budgets thru newly shaped District Assemblies. Executive District officer (sales) and district land collector electricity of Deputy Commissioners were exceeded over to the brand new submit of DOR i.E District officer (sales). In the end, the energy of Assistant commissioner/Assistant collector changed into surpassed over to DDOR i.E Deputy District Officer (sales). The EDO(revenue) grade BS19, DO(revenue) BS18 and DDO(revenue) BS17 had been the equal officers of Provincial or Federal civil services i.E PMS/desktops or CSP/DMG/PAS. In absence of DCO, EDO(sales) used to maintain performing price of DCO. DCO become the in rate of all departments/organization of offices of the district along with sales, finance and planning, fitness, schooling, literacy, statistics generation, agriculture & cattle, works & offerings, forests, community development, municipal offerings and so on. These types of departments/institution of places of work have been headed with the aid of respective EDOs who than said to the DCO. DCOs and sales officials have been entrusted with the magisterial powers also every now and then. DCO was without delay reporting to the chief Secretary of the province for administrative topics and leader Minister. Whereas of their district the coverage making was finished in session with the District Nazim/Mayor, who became an elected consultant and the leader government of the district
Q.2 Enlist characteristics of a good curriculum. In the light of these characteristics evaluate present curriculum at secondary level in Pakistan.
- Stand.Org places it quality: on the heart of a excessive nice curriculum is the basis that every one students are capable of learn and are capable of being a hit. In effect, a preferred curriculum is constructed on excessive expectancies and ought to be rigorous to adopt.
- because the curriculum prepares beginners for life in the society, a curriculum glaringly should be dynamic and evolve frequently to satisfy the wishes of novices in addition to the society. –
• A curriculum should step by step co